Thursday 4 June 2015

All about Japan

Year 4 are currently learning about Japan and it was great to speak to them and learn from their enthusiasm today.

I now know how to count to ten, the names of some of the main cities and have an understanding of the extremes of temperature that Japan experiences due to the length of its Islands.






The proximity of the southern islands to the Equator leads to very warm temperatures, whilst if you were to visit  the northern islands at certain times of the year the temperature would be below freezing.

The research they were doing today was clearly engaging them, they had worked together to mind map some of their initial thoughts and they were now building on their understanding and knowledge.

Each table I visited was keen to tell me something and I am sure that I will be finding our more over the coming weeks!