Friday 4 November 2016

We should pray





I had great fun taking yesterday's KS1 assembly, focusing on the challenge that Moses faced as the people came to stand in front of the Red Sea.

What should Moses do I asked? In front of him was the Red Sea, behind him the persuing armies of Pharaoh.

A hand shot up straight away - the answer -  He should pray!

A great reminder of the fact that God assures us that He always hears our prayers.

Answered prayer is merely a coincidence I heard someone say the other day and I was drawn back to the quote of William Temple

When I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don't, they don't. 

Moses no doubt prayed and God answered in spectacular style.

Our assembly finsihed with one of my favourite songs at the moment. Its an old Doug Horley classic, but it is timeless.

God can do anything, anything at all
Nothing is too big for Him and nothing is too small
So don't put him in a box
Don't put him in a corner
Don't you limit what God can do