Monday 7 September 2015

A time to pray


‘When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me’

(Matthew 26:35)


This week we will be focusing our prayers in assemblies and in class on the plight of the refugee crisis that is currently so evident on our TV screens across Europe. This represents the largest population shift in Europe since the second world war and the plight of so many people has certainly focused our attention on the need for action to be taken.

Tearfund (www.tearfund.org) have produced a PowerPoint that we will be adapting to use across the school, it focuses on the main needs and provides clear points for prayer.

The main focus of which is that we are asked to pray for a swift, compassionate and more effective response to the refugee crisis in Europe.