Wednesday 3 December 2014

Getting ready

It was a real joy today to spend time in our Foundation Stage classes. They are working hard on their part in our Christmas production and as ever it will be a very creative presentation. There is even a bit of eighties music in there somewhere! 

The children have been exploring the theme of winter through their various activities and they were very keen to share with me the things they had learnt. Although I am not sure that I enjoyed the moment when a small group came in from outside where they had been enjoying working with ice. They all seemed very keen to demonstrate to me how cold their hands where! 

As ever the foundation area is full of art work and collages that bring to mind the key aspects of the current theme the children are learning through and the excitement and anticipation that is all part of Advent is very clear to see in all areas. I look forward to my next visit.